NSS special camps are conducted in the nearby villages. Our NSS volunteers work towards improving the sanitary conditions of those villages, create awareness about AIDS, RWH.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are:
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmon
Under this, students undertook various need based programs in the adopted villages, college campus and urban slums during weekends or after college hours.